(Click on the image to see a larger version)
A WPTZ test pattern which dates from 1952. It was Channel 3 here in Philadelphia during the original ownership days of Philco and the very early days of ownership by Westinghouse. The transfer of license took place to Westinghouse in the summer of 1953.
Philco operated experimental television station W3XE as early as 1932. The station went commercial during the summer of 1941 and began using the WPTZ call letters at that time. The test pattern dates from the Philco days.
From the official archives of the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia
Photo originally donated by Norm Gagnon and his GGN Information Systems website
© 2007, All Rights Reserved
The e-mail address of the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia is firstname.lastname@example.org