This photo dates from around 1940. The technican is Roy Nuss of KYW Radio. It was taken in their auditorium studio (called Studio A) in the basement of 1619 Walnut Street in Center City Philadelphia.
A quarter of a century later, this studio would be used for the nationally syndicated "Mike Douglas Show." That program originated for a dozen years from KYW-TV. Westinghouse Broadcasting that owned Channel 3 was the syndicator for the Douglas Program.
From the official archives of the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia
© 2015, Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia
All Rights Reserved
The e-mail address of the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia is email@example.com